All travellers are required to go through immigration clearance upon arrival. All visitors must satisfy the following basic entry requirements before they can be considered for entry:
- A passport with at least 6 months validity
- Valid visa, if applicable
- Sufficient funds to last for the intended period of stay
- Confirmed onward/return tickets
- Entry facilities to their onward destinations, e.g. visas.
The official language is Dutch. However, English is widely spoken.
The currency of the Netherlands is the Euro.
Major cards are widely accepted.
The Netherlands has a maritime climate, with cool summers and mild winters. The average temperature is 2° C (36° F ) in January and 19° C (66° F ) in July, with an annual average of about 10° C (50° F ).
Electricity in Netherlands is 230 Volts, alternating at 50 cycles per second. If you travel to Netherlands with a device that does not accept 230 Volts at 50 Hertz, you will need a voltage converter.
For further information on Rotterdam visit:www.rotterdam.info