Classroom teaching and bunkering experience
BARGE DAY | LAB DAY | PORT DAY
The three-day BunkerExperience course in Singapore presents an unbeatable combination of intensive classroom teaching and real-life bunkering experience right in the heart of the world’s busiest bunkering port.
- Hear about the latest developments in bunkering in Singapore and the rest of the world
- Understand how bunker barges and tankers operate
- Learn how mass flow meters actually work and why they are obligatory in Singapore
- Understand the necessary definitions of bunkering and learn how to correctly measure, calculate and sample
- Sail out to the anchorages to board and explore a bunker barge to see first-hand how it operates and what its equipment is used for
- Appreciate the differences between fuel grades and understand how they are used
- Watch as specialist technicians demonstrate fuel testing techniques before you perform your own industry standard tests in a fully-equipped lab
- Learn about ships, shipping patterns, fuel consumption, upcoming developments and regulations
- Hear about the legal aspects of bunkering, including quality and quantity disputes and detecting malpractice
- Familiarise yourself with the container and oil terminals, SBMs, anchorages, refineries
- Cruise through the Port of Singapore and witness the day-to-day workings of the world's busiest bunkering port
- Spend three exciting days meeting your peers and making important new contacts in the bunkering and shipping sector
BUNKEREXPERIENCE is guaranteed to provide a rock solid intellectual and practical introduction into the three most important hands-on elements of the bunker business.
The morning classroom sessions are geared towards preparing students to make the most of the afternoon 'real life' experience of working on a bunker barge, working in a testing laboratory and 'going to sea' for close-up views of different types of ships at the anchorages and terminals in Singapore.
This programme includes:
- coffee breaks and lunches
- transportation to and from the ‘practical’ sites (barge, lab and port)
- protective clothing*
- course materials
- course certificate
- a unique bunkering experience
Even for those who have been in the industry for many years, this course offers something special that will never be forgotten.
Due to the practical nature of this course, space is strictly limited so early registration is strongly recommended.
*Note that specialist clothing, including goggles, lab coats, gloves and safety footwear will be provided for the practical elements of the course. Students MUST have valid passports to be able to board harbour launches and bunker barges.
How do I know this course will live up to expectations?
Petrospot has earned a world-wide reputation for organising exceptional training courses. Don't just take our word for it - read our feedback received from previous students on this course.
‘An excellent introduction to the bunkering business’
‘An absolutely enjoyable experience and a great environment for learning. Excellent materials and lectures’
Shell Eastern Petroleum Pte Ltd (Singapore)
‘Very informative. It gave me a better insight into the bunkering process. I would recommend the course’
Vopak TOS Agency Singapore (Pte) Ltd (Singapore)